Initial Response
Early Days
SO.....
What is a short film? It sounds silly but, as soon as I was given my brief I started to question myself, do I even know what a short film is? Like anyone in this day and age I turned to Google:
A short film is any motion picture not long enough to be considered a feature film. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences defines a short film as "an original motion picture that has a running time of 40 minutes or less, including all credits".
Sounds simple enough! SO then I had a look at my Brief.
I have two options either I create a short film (5-6 mins long) or I can write a screenplay for a new short film (10 pages long meaning 10 mins of screenplay) Alongside the screenplay I'd have to also produce a digitally photographed storyboard. Alongside either option I must write an evaluation.
Well, I thought to myself - if I'm going to do this I may as well go all out and create the actual film. I've gone for option 1 CREATE A COMPLETE SHORT FILM. Obviously this is going to be a challenge at the moment I don't even know where to begin. There are some fantastic websites that we have been given that I've already started looking at just to get the creative juices flowing!
SHORT OF THE WEEK
THE SMALLS FILM FESTIVAL
DEPICT
While watching the short films I made my own definition: It is a speedy screenplay that is able to get new filmmakers known in the world of film.
SHORT OF THE WEEK
THE SMALLS FILM FESTIVAL
DEPICT
While watching the short films I made my own definition: It is a speedy screenplay that is able to get new filmmakers known in the world of film.

Comments
Post a Comment