Plan
Game Plan
To make the best film out there I'm going to have to put aside a fair amount of time to give this project the attention it deserves. This blog entry isn't going to be so entertaining but, is certainly necessary so I can map out what needs to be achieved throughout the project in order to get the best outcome!
RESEARCH:
I will watch and make blog posts on the following films we were given:
Slap (2015) , Nick Rowland
Tight Jeans (2008) , Destiny Ekharaga
The Ellington Kid (2012) , Dan Sully
Over (2015) , Jorn Threllfall
Echo (2011) , Lewis Arnold
Operator (2015) , Caroline Bartleet
The Arrival (2016) , Daniel Montanarini
The Fly (2014) Olly Williams
From watching these and other research I hope to understand narrative in short film eg: the three act structure. I will need to learn about using narrative techniques, dialogue, character development and dramatic devices. How points of view are conveyed both intended and interpreted meaning.
I also plan to establish
- What I find interesting about each film.
- What I could take from them.
- What I could develop into my own ideas.
- Anything I wish to challenge about the films.
From watching these and other research I hope to understand narrative in short film eg: the three act structure. I will need to learn about using narrative techniques, dialogue, character development and dramatic devices. How points of view are conveyed both intended and interpreted meaning.
I also plan to establish
- What I find interesting about each film.
- What I could take from them.
- What I could develop into my own ideas.
- Anything I wish to challenge about the films.
PLANNING:
Some things I will be producing during planning are:
- A Draft Script
- Location Report
- Notes regarding casting
- Storyboard
- Screentests and notes
- OF COURSE LOTS OF BLOG ENTRIES TO KEEP YOU UPDATED!
- OF COURSE LOTS OF BLOG ENTRIES TO KEEP YOU UPDATED!
EVALUATION:
I also have to keep in mind throughout the project that I will have to have evidence of the below in preparation for my evaluation:
- Evaluation and Analysis in relation to professionally produced short films
- Evidence of evaluation and research linked from the professional short films watched and my final product
- Make use of appropriate critical approaches
- Discuss micro-elements of film form generating a preferred and alternative reading of a short film
MY EVALUATION CANNOT EXCEED 1.500 WORDS.
By the end of the project I plan to have
- Research and planning documents
- My short film
- My Evaluation
- My Coursework cover sheet
By the end of the project I plan to have
- Research and planning documents
- My short film
- My Evaluation
- My Coursework cover sheet

Comments
Post a Comment